A Lazy brother tn450 toners Approach To Be Successful
Regardless of what you decide to do, you will always save money when you make an informed purchasing decision. Avoid the headaches that occur from spontaneous, uninformed purchases.
2. Buy compatible toner cartridges. Compatible toner cartridges are brand new toner cartridges made by third party companies. They are manufactured to the exact OEM specifications of your laser printer. The manufacturing technology for compatible cartridges has significantly improved in the past few years. The technology used by these compatible toner companies is as good as the technology used by major printer manufacturers.
3. Buy remanufactured toner cartridges. Third party printer companies produce remanufactured toner cartridges. They take empty toner cartridges, empty any excess toner waste and then refill the cartridge with the toner designed for your printer. These cartridges are then put through a quality check process to insure the drum and other cartridge parts are working correctly.
4. You can usually get the toner from the same company where you purchased your toner refill kit.
8. Don’t replace your toner cartridge at the first sign of streaks on your paper. Many people think they should immediately replace their toner cartridge when they see a light streak on their paper. Don’t change the toner cartridge. Take it out of your printer and gently shake it several times. Your toner cartridge usually has ten percent of its toner still in tact. By gently shaking it, you can get several hundred additional pages of quality print. Repeat this process until you can no longer print more than thirty pages of streak-free pages before you must shake it again. Then, replace the toner cartridge.
9. Buy toner cartridges with separate drums. Some laser printers have the toner cartridge and drum in a single unit. Other printers have these two components separated. When possible, buy a toner cartridge with a separate drum unit. A drum will typically last about 20,000 pages whereas a toner cartridge will yield only 3,500 pages. Over time, laser printers with a separate drum will cut your cost because you can replace the drum multiple times compared to the toner cartridge.
10. Check the toner cartridge yield before you purchase. If you do a little homework, you’ll be able to determine how many pages a toner cartridge is expected to print. For example, a toner cartridge may print 5000 pages with five percent coverage. The industry rule of thumb is that the number of pages a cartridge will print is based upon five percent coverage. This means that only five percent of the page will be printed on. Of course, this estimate will vary if you use a lot of graphics, text, bold letters, etc. However, with these estimates you can get some idea of which printers and toner cartridges will cost more or less over its normal life cycle.
11. Enroll in a toner recycle program. One way to cut cost is to enroll in a toner-recycling program. These programs allow the company to recycle their unused toner and toner cartridges. These programs provide refilled toner cartridges, which are much less costly. Some recycling programs also help in collecting and refilling your toner cartridges. If you have a problem, they will provide free assistance.
12. Brother tn450 toner refill