Laying On Of Hands Self-Study Test and Further Study Lessons - Jan 15,2009
1. Give three Old Testament examples of the laying on of hands.
__________________________ _______________________ _________________________
2. List the five purposes for the laying on of hands revealed in the New Testament.
_______________ _______________ _______________ _______________ _______________
3. Write the Key Verse from memory.
4. Give a Bible reference which confirms that the laying on of hands was to continue after Jesus
returned to heaven.___________________________
5. Define "laying on of hands".
6. Who does the Bible specifically name as qualified to practice the laying on of hands?
_______________________,________________ and ________________ ________________
7. If the statement is TRUE write T in the blank in front of it. If the statement is FALSE, write F.
a._____If there is no feeling of power experienced when laying on of hands is done then it is not effective.
b._____Laying on of hands can be used to commission Christian workers.
c._____The Bible teaches that anyone is qualified to lay hands on others.
d._____Laying on of hands is the only way for a person to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
e._____Spiritual gifts can be imparted by the laying on of hands.
f._____Laying on of hands should not be used with infants because they do not understand it.
(Answers to tests are provided at the conclusion of the final chapter in this manual.)
FOR FURTHER STUDY
Study the miracles performed by Jesus during His earthly ministry. Observe how and when He used laying on of hands to impart spiritual blessing.
BRINGING THE DEAD TO LIFE:
Jarius' daughter:Matthew 9:18-19, 23-25
Widow's son:Luke 7:11-15
Centurion's servant:Matthew 8:5-13
Peter's mother-in-law:Matthew 8:14-15
Paralyzed man:Matthew 9:2-7
Woman with blood issue:Matthew 9:20-22
Blind men:Matthew 9:27-31
Man dumb and possessed:Matthew 9:32-33
Man with withered hand:Matthew 12:10-13
Blind, dumb, possessed:Matthew 12:22
Canaanite woman's girl:Matthew 15:21-28
Boy with epilepsy:Matthew 17:14-18
Blind men:Matthew 20:29-34
Deaf and dumb man:Mark 7:31-37
Man with unclean spirit:Mark 1:23-26
Blind at Bethsaida:Mark 8:22-26
Woman bent double:Luke 13:11-13
Man with dropsy:Luke 14:1-4
Ten lepers:Luke 17:11-19
Malchus' ear:Luke 22:50-51
Official's son:John 4:46-54
Sick man at Bethesda:John 5:1-9